Thursday, November 14, 2013

Critical Reflection on My Next Stage of Learning

Time flies pass so fast. I can still remember I walked unwillingly into the first class of ES1102 and now it is coming to an end with my perception of this module totally changed. I can never forget how Brad encouraged us mentioning we are not inferior to those students who are not required to take this module and how he firmly believed that we deserve the credit for the effort on this module.

Through this module, we learnt many things. Not only the English reading and writing skills, but also beliefs and behaviors towards success. These reading and writing skills will definitely be applicable in the other modules especially the Singapore Studies that I would take in the upcoming semester and work life in the future. Being specific comes to my mind first when I tried to recall what I have learnt from Brad. In English writing, being specific helps to avoid ambiguity. In Scientific reports, being specific signifies the impact. Sometimes I still think too broad and ideal but I will try my best to be as specific as possible in my future studies and works.

We have watched a few clips during the classes. The main take away for me is to be confident. As long as we do not give up, there is still hope. Life is like a drama, there will be up and down for everyone. We should always have faith and when we face problems, we should be confident and "fake it till you become it" just like what Amy Cuddy said.

We have been practicing our writing on different drafts for the essay and through these writing and commenting, I found my weakness was lack of information and vocabulary. In my future English learning, I would read more to broaden the knowledge and at the same time, increase my vocabulary counts. This module might have came to an end but reading and learning will never end.

(At the end, I would just like to say thank you to Brad for making the "supposedly boring" English classes so fun and thank you to the classmates for creating such a comfy environment to improve together.)

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Desheng, for a very good reflection. I appreciate the way you highlight various areas of the course that you feel have been helpful for your writing. You also specifically illustrate the benefits by connecting them to what you will need to do in future courses. You also connect your experience to broader learning, mentioning Amy Cuddy's lecture and your own specific language learning goals.

    Thanks for the fine effort in this post, and for your hard work all term.

    Best wishes on the next stage of your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loan Opportunity Offered By Mr, Benjamin That Save My Family From Financial Bondage {  247officedept@gmail.com  }

    Hello Everyone, I am Putri Adiratnaa single mom from Jakarta, I would like to share this great testimony on how I got a loan from Mr, Benjamin, when we were driven out of our home when I couldn't pay my bills anymore, After being scammed by various companies online and denied a loan from my bank and some other credit union I visited. My children were taken by the foster care, I was all alone in the street. The day i shamefully walked into an old school mate who introduced me to Daisy Maureen. At first I told her that I am not ready to take any risk of requesting a loan online anymore, but she assured me that I will receive my loan from them. On a second thought, due to my homelessness I had to take a trial and applied for the loan, luckily for me I received a loan of $80,000.00 from Mr, Benjamin. I'm happy I took the risk and applied for the loan. My kids have been given back to me and now I own a home and a business of my own. All thanks and gratitude goes to  the help of Mr, Benjamin for giving me a meaning to life when i had lost all hope. If you currently seeking for a loan assistance, you can contact them via: {247officedept@gmail.com    WhatsApp +1-989-394-3740.

    ReplyDelete